A number of European countries offer Golden Visas through investment in real estate. The Golden Visa program for Spain, Portugal, Malta, Greece and Cyprus are the most prominent. Bulgaria and Hungary offer residency and citizenship by investment in Europe through government bonds. The growth and proliferation of investor visa programs in recent years mean our clients now have several options to consider for residency and citizenship in Europe and beyond.
In addition a number of Caribbean countries, namely, St. Kitts, Antigua, Grenada and Dominica offer citizenship through investment and a second passport providing travel access to many visa free countries. Programs start from just $200,000 plus related costs.
Not every country and programs is the same. There are significant differences relating to investment level, family qualification, permanent residency, minimum stay, citizenship and passports. Not least of all the differing economic states and real estate investment prospects of each of the countries in question.
The Golden Visa programme launched by the Portuguese Authorities is a fast track for investors to obtain a fully valid residency permit in Portugal and consequently free access to the vast majority of European countries (Schengen area).
Aimed at attracting foreign investment to Portugal, the Golden Visa is a very straightforward and flexible programme, with simple and clear legal requirements. With extremely reduced minimum stay requirements, the Golden Visa is clearly one of the most attractive residency programs for investors in the world.
Transfer of funds – € 1 million
Capitalization on SME’s – € 500,000
Funding of research activities – € 350,000
Funding of Arts & Culture – € 250,000
Any Property Purchase
Creation of 10 local jobs
No minimum investment amount
Any business area
All types of business
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS OF THE PORTUGUESE GOLDEN VISA
- Straightforward and flexible investment requirements
- Extremely low minimum stay requirements – 7 days first year and 14 days following periods of 2 years
- Fully extensible to family members (with no further investment requirements)
- Freedom to travel to all European countries members of the Schengen area
- Possibility of Permanent Residency after 5 years and nationality after 6 years
- No limitations on ownership of the selected investment
- No limitation on subsequent investments or employment opportunities
- Very limited number of documents required
- Residency applications quickly processed
- Access to all Portuguese Public Services, including health and education.