The best chance for a successful Individual is to have skilled employment.
What is skilled employment ?
- Skilled employment is employment that requires specialist, technical or management expertise.
- If you have a job/job offer for skilled employment, it must be:
- Full time (on average, at least 30 hours per week)
- For a position that is paid by salary or wages or in terms of a contract for service – payment by commission and/or retainer are not acceptable
- Be ongoing and sustainable.
- Ongoing means your job offer must be for employment with a single employer in a job:
- Which is clearly stated to be permanent, or indefinite.
- If you are offered a contract and have a history of working on contracts in your occupation, then this may be accepted as ‘skilled employment’.