United Kingdom Immigrant Investor Program
The UK Immigrant Investor Program was created by the UK Government in 1994 to attract high net worth individuals and their families to immigrate by making a substantial investment in the UK.
The Tier 1 Investor Program is designed to allow investors to enter the UK for a time dependent on the level of the investment. After the prescribed time an applicant can either extend their visa or apply for settlement.
The UK Immigrant Investor Program is offered through our joint venture with a United Kingdom authorised financial institution.
The entire processing time to obtain immigrant status in the United Kingdom is normally between 4 – 6 months.
Persons who have lived in the UK for 5 years or more can be eligible to apply for citizenship, if they have met the residency requirements of the UK.
As of April 2011, UK Border Agency introduced a three level tier investment option.
The different tier levels are designed to allow those applicants with higher financial resources to gain settlement in the UK faster by giving them the option to invest higher amounts than what was previously available.
To qualify for the United Kingdom Immigrant Investor Program you must satisfy one of the following prescribed investment levels:
Applicants must also be able to maintain and accommodate themselves and any dependents without taking employment (other than self employment or business), and must make the UK their main home. You do not need to spend all your time in the UK but you should spend at least 50% (6 out of 12 months) in order to maintain your visa status.
Applicant’s assets may not be readily available as cash, or converting them to cash may not be the best financial decision at the moment. Through our partnerships, we can arrange financing through a major UK-based Investment Bank to help clients meet the investment requirements. Applicants choosing the financing option must invest their entire investment in UK governmental bonds.
- One of the highest standards of living in the world and a member of the G8 group of countries.
- A diverse and multi-cultural society, represented by large cultural and ethnic communities.
- A high standard of education with a broad network of state and private schools, and more than 150 universities and higher education institutions.
- One of the best free medical care services in the world.
- As a member of the European Union, the UK will unlock greater business opportunities throughout Europe. At its heart, London is unrivaled as a financial business center.
- An attractive tax regime for high net worth individuals classed as “UK resident, non-domicile”. The travel mobility and security of a UK passport.